I'm not saying this is a recipe. It's merely an idea. But it is a yummy, easy and sweet idea.
I did contemplate going all food blogger and make this using home-made sourdough fruit loaf and sugar-free chia and strawberry jam. And while yes, this would make it healthier, I just couldn't be bothered. And beside, the whole point of a toastie is that it is quick and easy, yeah??
I've made this on and off for years and recently I made one for MJ for the first time. He approved.
Also, if you are using a sandwich press beware of the hot jam. Think jam filling in a hot jam doughnut and you know what I am saying. (Or am I the only one that scoffs a hot doughnut so quickly the jam burns your tongue?) Either way, don't say I didn't warn you :)
Once you try a sweet toastie you'll be keen to try some other flavour combos. Here are some other to give a whirl:
- Sliced canned peaches and raspberry jam
- Blueberries, mascarpone and lemon curd
- Peanut butter and banana (and jam)
Sweet Banana and Jam Toastie
- 2 slices fruit loaf
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Spread two pieces of raisin bread with butter. Turn one piece over and spread with jam. Slice banana and lay slices on top of jam to cover entire piece of bread.
- Add the second piece of bread on top. Cook in sandwich press or frypan until golden brown.
Do you do sweet toasties? Or is a toasted sandwich all about the gooey. melted cheese for you?