In the time it takes you to say the name of this dish you'll just about have dinner on the table. It's really just steak and salad but with a few extra flavours and a quick dressing it quickly becomes a jazzed up steak and salad ready in under 20 minutes!
Warm weather inspires dinners that are full of fresh ingredients but require less time in the kitchen.
This dish can even be completely cooked on the BBQ for those hot days you don't want to go near your oven.
It was inspired by a meal I had in Boston last year. Nothing fancy or new, just a mix of flavours I really enjoyed and could re-create easily and quickly at home.
My husband said it tasted like 'a great pub meal' - I'll take that for a quick midweek meal!
Steak, Zucchini and Roasted Capsicum Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 500g steak fillets
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup feta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch salt
- Prepare zucchini, onion, red pepper and asparagus while you get your pan or BBQ plate hot.
- Oil and season room temperature steaks. Cook in hot pan 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile saute onion in pan with a dash of olive oil. Add butter, asparagus and zucchini and cook until vegetables start to char. Add roasted peppers and sun-dried tomato and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are warm.
- Place spinach and lettuce in a bowl. Add warm vegetable mix and top with feta.
- Combine dressing ingredients in jar and shake to mix.
- Slice steak into strips and place on top of salad.
- Dress and serve.
What's your go to hot night meal?
Sharing with Fabulous Foodie Fridays